Condition Monitoring for predictive maintenance adapted to geothermal electric submersible pumps
Reliable feed pump technology is a basic requirement for the development of deep geothermal energy, especially within the context of projects in geothermal energy and thermal energy storage in mines that seek to transform existing district heating systems in the Ruhr conurbation. There is great interest in new technical approaches that improve pump efficiency and durability, as well as in failure prediction systems for operative pumps. Accordingly, the project focuses on the following goals:
- Reduce investment costs for feed pumps for deep geothermal energy applications.
- Identify relevant components, wear parts and operating conditions in pilot plant tests simulating realistic conditions.
- Choose sensors and signal acquisition systems suited to conditions in the wells (temperature, water quality, hydraulics.)
- Connect a data collector with model-based Condition Monitoring.
- Process data with anomaly detection using forecasting models.
What makes the project special?
The project pioneers the use of a Condition Monitoring System for submersible pumps, which optimises the feed pump technology and leads to a significant improvement in the economic viability of deep geothermal energy projects.
Participating ruhrvalley partners
Institute for Communication Technology
The Institute for Communication Technology was founded in 1995, and since then, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ingo Kunold has been at its...
International Geothermal Centre
The International Geothermal Centre is a joint research institution of science and industry, working closely with...
We bring intelligence to your application! Modern approaches to projecting and implementing especial customer-specific tasks...
Westphalian Energy Institute
The Westphalian Energy Institute (WEI) is a central scientific institution of the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences...
Institute for Internet Security
The Institute for Internet Security - if(is) is an innovative, independent, scientific facility of the Westphalian University...